“There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't sit still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will. They range the field and rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Their's is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest.”
- Robert Service

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Later, In January



I have excellent friends. Let's start with that. I have friends who try crazy things, big and small! Things ranging from "Yeah, ok, I've only even been snowboarding twice but I'll give Whistler a go!" to "I'm a huge fan of naked skydiving" and "Surfing in January, of course," and "let's open this gnarly wound dressing and see what's underneath....ummm...you're gonna want to call the surgeon." I love these awesome friends!

in January, I was invited along for a girls' weekend to Whistler. I didn't know anybody except for my one friend, but it turned out to be a very, very, extremely memorable trip! Our first day was a little shakey, plus we didn't get to hit the slope until after noon, but the snow was fair and the weather was unbelieveable! I thought to myself "if the weather's like this tomorrow, I'm just going to go boarding anyway, even if there's nobody to come with me!" The next morning, BOOM! Skies clear blue. I was definitely going up that mountain to see the Blackcomb Glacier.

This is how stoked I was to be at the top of the mountain, without any clouds whatsoever

Ridic sunny skies at the glacier


No comments:

Post a Comment