“There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't sit still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will. They range the field and rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Their's is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest.”
- Robert Service

Saturday 22 June 2013

Fancy Stratford Premiere!


Do you remember the time I read Shakespeare at wreck beach? Well, the time came for me to get to the fruits of my labour!

I was awarded my bounty - two tickets to the opening night and premiere of the 2013 Stratford Festival - early in May. I plotted my attack soon afterwards. Armed with two nights at a  supremely adorable B&B

a reservation at The Church, and plans for getting fancy, I drove the 5.5 hours from Sudbury to Stratford on May 26th.

Now, I wasn't able to find anyone to use my second ticket, but I was happy to give it to the couple who ran the B&B I was staying in. They were positively lovely, and frankly quite interesting. And they seemed to know everyone in town! They offered to accompany me to the theatre (they already had two tickets for themselves, so they gave one of their seats to a friend) and I was happy for it because they were able to point out all of the (Canadian) celebs at the premiere. Did I mention that Jack  taught yoga to the students of the Stratford convervancy? oh ya.

We spotted Peter Mansbridge, Stratfordian management and current acting company, and prima bellerina & Artistic director of the National Ballet of Canada Karen Kain. At intermission I breezed by her a few times. For the record, she was wearing (ballet) flats!

You'll have to excuse me. I was so busy people watching that I didn't get a single picture! Following the show, there was a cocktail party and the entire cast attended. It just affirmed my belief that Stratford is the happiest place on earth.

Greetings from the pipers!
The vainty inside my B&B room. This is how is looked the next morning - cough drops because I was getting over a cold, the jewels I bought at the antique mall...beautiful
cozy breakfast nook
Before my night out, I visited the Stratford Antiques Warehouse. It was a goldmine of awesome things, such as...
mug to commemorate the wedding of Fergie and Andrew
$240 Beatles mug
This clock-lamp. want.

Another weird mug. "In loving memory...." and there's the image of a man who's been hung!
Local dairy milk jugs

Antique hospital-style pee pots. THERE WERE TWO

No comments:

Post a Comment