“There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't sit still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will. They range the field and rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Their's is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest.”
- Robert Service

Saturday 28 February 2015

Post-Show Posit

Elton playing Piano-Pinball next to Tommy in the movie version
So according to my last post, I've finally reached stage 6 of the creative process. At this point, though, I don't think it's as simple as "boom, I got shit done." because as the hours count down until the very last performance tonight I'm hit with the sad realization that I will no longer have the pleasure to work on this project anymore.

Of course, I'm not leaving empty handed. For one, working so closely with so many people over several months, I've got at least a couple new contacts in my address book - people who like doing thing that I also like doing. For another, an unexpected side effect has been drawing off the energy of such a young, vibrant, and exciting group of people. TBH, I feel super young and hip. Like, so cool. But really, being around this cast I've felt as if those little dusty corners of myself have been brushed out and I remember what it's like to be excited about everything. It's so easy to get settled, and doing this play has helped me to shake things up a bit.

Now, I haven't done any grocery shopping in, like, three weeks but who's really keeping track.

No comments:

Post a Comment